Out of the night that covers me,透过覆盖我的黑夜,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,我看见黑暗层层叠叠。
I thank whatever gods may be感谢上帝赐予我,
For my unconquerable soul.不可征服的灵魂。
In the fell clutch of circumstance就算被地狱紧紧拽住,
I have not winced nor cried aloud.我,不会畏惧,也决不叫屈
Under the bludgeonings of chance遭受命运的重重打击,
My head is bloody, but unbowed.我满头鲜血,却头颅昂起。
Beyond this place of wrath and tears在愤怒和悲伤的天地之外,
Looms but the Horror of the shade,耸立的不只是恐怖的影子,
And yet the menace of the years还有,面对未来的威胁,
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.可我无所畏惧。
It matters not how strait the gate,无论命运之门多么狭窄,
How charged with punishments the scroll,无论我将肩承怎样的责罚。
I am the master of my fate:我,是我命运的主宰,
I am the captain of my soul.我,是我灵魂的统帅。